Drain Layer & Water Installer License

All contractors who plan to work on laying drains or water services from existing public sewers and water mains to the building drain of homes, commercial buildings, industrial buildings and similar structures and properties must be current with the Town of Plainville.

Applicants must provide the following (along with the application attached below):

  • Valid HEO License
  • Insurance Certificate (Town of Plainville must be listed as additionally insured)
  • Performance Bond ($15,000)
  • Three References (not required for renewals)
  • License Fee of $150 (check made payable to "Town of Plainville Water and Sewer" with "Drain Layer/Water Installer License" in the memo)

All Drain Layers and Water Installers must understand and adhere to the Water and Sewer Regulations of the Town of Plainville. Prior to backfilling, work must be inspected by the Town of Plainville Operational staff, and 72 hours' notice is required for inspections and mark outs.

Please contact the Water and Sewer Operations office with any questions.

Related Documents