NEW TRASH PROGRAM STARTS JULY 1.
- July 4th will result in a one day delay
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR NEW COLLECTION DAY.
WE ARE WORKING ON UPDATING THIS WEBSITE - THE NEW PROGRAM CHANGES MAY NOT BE UPDATED YET. PLEASE REFER TO THE INFORMATION THAT WAS SENT WITH YOUR TRASH BILL FOR INFORMATION ON PROGRAM CHANGES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2018
What can be recycled curbside, Click here for a list
What do the recycling symbols mean? Click here. NOTE: not everything with a symbol is recyclable curbside
Recycling is in trouble, are you part of the problem, Click here for information
Massachusetts State Waste Bans - you can not legally dispose of as trash these items. Click here
Only properly prepared and acceptable recyclables will be collected curbside. Items placed in the recycling bin/container that are not acceptable will result in the bin/container not being emptied. Please visit the town website under “Trash & Recycling”, Plainville Curbside Collection, Recyclables Material Preparation” for information on recycling.
Because of high contamination rates, recycling facilities have begun to charge to process recyclables. We are attempting to keep costs at a minimum and appreciate your understanding. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Board of Health office at 508-695-3142, ext 16
Respectfully, The Board of Health
On-line Bill Pay - To pay your bills online, click here
Recycling Center Schedule
April - November
Monday & Saturday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
December, January & March
Monday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
NOTE: the recycling center is closed the month of February
Residents are reminded a current Recycling Center Pass is required for access
Compost Bins Available
- limited supplies - visit the Board of Health office to purchase
- Compost Bins $30.00
- Click here for additional info on Compost Bins
New Clothing & Textile Recycling Bin Located at the Recycling Center
- Click here for additinal information
Trash & Recycling Weather delay information
- Weather delay information will be posted here and on Plainville Cable channel 11
- Visit the Town home page website to sign up for news & announcements.
- If the weather is very snowy, please do not put out your trash & recycling so that it get either buried by the plows or covered with falling snow.
- Please try and place your trash & recycling in a spot that the drivers can reach without climbing high snow banks.
- Please make sure recyclables are covered or contained during windy days to prevent blowing material
- The trash & recycling drivers will do their best to make sure the routes are collected on time, however safety is a priority for the drivers and others on the road.
Servere Weather delays sometimes cannot be posted in advance.