Beginning July, 11, 2020, the Recycling Center will now accept ALL materials usually accepted for drop off (i.e. metal & metal appliances, TV's, electronics, brush, yard waste, etc.).
Recycling Center & Compost Area will be open Saturdays ONLY between 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- Beginning July, 11, 2020, the Recycling Center will now accept ALL materials usually accepted for drop off (i.e. metal & metal appliances, TV's, electronics, brush, yard waste, etc.).
- The staff will check that residents have a Recycling Center Pass. Please display your pass prior to entering. The staff will practice established personal space guidelines and “Social Distancing” and will not assist residents in any way with the unloading of their vehicles.
- For any item that requires a fee, residents will be required to stick the ORANGE $2.50 special waste stickers on the item rather than handing them to the staff.
- Only five vehicles will be allowed in the Recycling Center at one time. Expect to wait in line for access.
- Residents are advised to wear face coverings/masks when entering the recycling center and unloading their vehicles.
- If a resident needs a recycling center pass, they will need to contact and arrange to get one from the Board of Health Office (508-695-3010 ext. 5) prior to going to the Recycling Center.
- The Recycling Center and Compost Area remains closed all other times until further notice.
Bulky Good Collection resumes June 8, 2020
Call E.L. Harvey & Sons at 800-321-3002 to schedule a Monday Collection.
TRASH & RECYCLING ON SCHEDULE NO DELAYS DUE TO COVID-1 9
TRASH STICKERS REQUIRED ON ALL BAGS
The following holidays are the only ones that result in a delay or the recycling center being closed.
- Frequently Asked Questions, Click here (COMING SOON)
What can be recycled curbside, Click here for a list
What do the recycling symbols mean? Click here. NOTE: not everything with a symbol is recyclable curbside
Recycling is in trouble, are you part of the problem,
Massachusetts State Waste Bans - you can not legally dispose of as trash these items. Click here
Only properly prepared and acceptable recyclables will be collected curbside. Items placed in the recycling bin/container that are not acceptable will result in the bin/container not being emptied. Please visit the town website under “Trash & Recycling”, Plainville Curbside Collection, Recyclables Material Preparation” for information on recycling.
Because of high contamination rates, recycling facilities have begun to charge to process recyclables. We are attempting to keep costs at a minimum and appreciate your understanding. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Board of Health office at 508-695-3010, ext 5
On-line Bill Pay - To pay your bills online, click here
Recycling Center Schedule
April - November
Monday & Saturday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
December, January & March
Monday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
NOTE: the recycling center is closed the month of February
Residents are reminded a current Recycling Center Pass is required for access
Compost Bins Available
- limited supplies - visit the Board of Health office to purchase
- Compost Bins $25.00
- Click here for additional info on Compost Bins
New Clothing & Textile Recycling Bin Located at the Recycling Center
- Click here for additinal information
Trash & Recycling Weather delay information
- Weather delay information will be posted here and on Plainville Cable channel 11
- Visit the Town home page website to sign up for news & announcements.
- If the weather is very snowy, please do not put out your trash & recycling so that it get either buried by the plows or covered with falling snow.
- Please try and place your trash & recycling in a spot that the drivers can reach without climbing high snow banks.
- Please make sure recyclables are covered or contained during windy days to prevent blowing material
- The trash & recycling drivers will do their best to make sure the routes are collected on time, however safety is a priority for the drivers and others on the road.
Servere Weather delays sometimes cannot be posted in advance.