Please be advised that the Plainville Board of Selectmen and the Plainville Town Moderator, acting in accordance with Massachusetts General Law Chapter 39 Section 10, have postponed the date for the Annual Town Meeting to Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7:00PM to be held at King Philip High School located at 201 Franklin Street in Wrentham.
Town Meeting Procedures – July 13, 2020
Plainville has rescheduled the Annual Town Meeting to Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the King Philip High School parking lot at 201 Franklin Street, Wrentham. The format of the meeting will be “Drive-in Movie Style” with cars parked in every other space and in staggered rows to accommodate social distancing.
Arrival and Registration
To minimize congestion on Franklin Street, automobiles will be routed through the tennis court entrance on Franklin Street to a queue to the left and behind the high school for voter registration. Registration lines will be split into three lines by last name. After registration, you will be directed to a parking spot. Handicapped parking will be dedicated to the front row.
Early arrival is encouraged due to a slower than normal registration process. Drivers will remain in their cars for voter registration, and wearing a face covering during registration is encouraged.
We will distribute procedural instructions and materials at registration, and then you will be directed to a parking spot. Inactive voters will be routed to a special table to update their status, and then directed to a parking space.
Walk-ins will also join the queue and be directed to a registration table, and then to a socially-distant, limited seating area in the front.
How long will the meeting last?
We are working to streamline the meeting by limiting presentations. We expect the meeting to last at least two hours. Attendees are advised that rest rooms will be available in the high school but please plan accordingly before leaving home.
How to hear the meeting: your car radio
Audio of the meeting will be available on car radios using a dedicated FM channel which will be provided to you at check in.
At registration, each voter will be given an instruction package containing a town meeting warrant, pencil, finance committee recommendations and voting card.
- Articles will be moved by the Sponsor of the Article
- The moderator will open the article for discussion (comments and questions).
- To be recognized for a comment or question, open your window and hold up your voting card.
- A runner will come to your automobile with a portable, extended (boom) microphone and you will be recognized by the moderator. (Note: please do not touch the microphone to avoid repeated cleaning.)
Please make comments and questions short and to the point. We ask this as a consideration of the unusual circumstances of this meeting.
Voting will be conducted by raised cards with assistance of designated counters. Please hold your voting card as high as practical in order to be seen.
- Please do not leave your motor running.
- Please do not honk your horn.
- Please stay in your automobile. Face coverings are recommended to be worn if you need to be outside of your automobile.
- Please hold your voting card as high as practical in order to be seen.
- If you have been recently ill, have a fever or exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please be aware of the risk to you and others.
- Rest rooms will be available in the high school but please plan accordingly before leaving home.
- Residents are encouraged to review background materials on the Town Meeting page prior to the meeting.