- FY 2017 - Tax bills for real estate & personal property are now being collected
- 4th Quarter bills are due in the office by Monday May 1, 2017.
Four Ways To Pay
- The Tax Collector's office will be open from 8 am until 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 5pm- 8 pm on Mondays.
- Online payments are accepted through this Link.
- Electronic Check through your bank, please reference map and parcel for Real Estate bills and Account number for Personal Property. This will insure proper payment.
- There is a secure drop box to the right side of the Town Hall's front door. No cash payments are accepted through this box
- Mail to PO Box 1795 Plainville MA 02762
Bills not paid by the due date will be charged interest at the rate of 14% per annum as per State Law.
Fiscal Year 2017 Tax Rate
- $15.00/thousand RESIDENTIAL
- $17.55/thousand COMMERCIAL
If you have recently re-financed your mortgage and a payment was made at the closing, please double check that the payment was enough to cover the total tax due. If not, you are responsible to pay the remaining balance.
If you are a new owner and purchased your property after January 1, 2016, your name will not appear on the first line of the tax bill because you are not considered the record owner. Your name will appear on the second line as the care of owner. This indicates the Assessors' know there has been a change of ownership after the January 1st record date. Your name will appear as the record owner for next fiscal year.
All questions regarding the valuation on your property should be addressed to the ASSESSORS' OFFICE AT (508-695-3010 ext.14).
All questions concerning water liens and sewer liens should be addressed to the WATER/SEWER DEPARTMENT AT (508-695-6871).
All questions about the payment of the tax and updated mailing addresses should be addressed to the Tax Collectors' office at 508-695-3142 X24
Real Estate Tax Bills are only sent to the homeowner. If you escrow your taxes you can contact your mortgage company to find out if you should forward your bill to them
2017 Motor Vehicle Bills
- Mailing on Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
- The due date will be Monday, March 27, 2017
Abatements, please contact the Assessors Office at 508-695-3142 x15
***PLEASE NOTE - Any bills paid by automatic bank payments - Please place your car Registration number on the check. Thank you for your cooperation.
Municipal Lien Certificate Cost
- $50.00 FOR RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES.