As many of you already know, the recycling company has begun enforcement of the recycling rules. Only properly prepared and acceptable recyclables will be collected curbside. Items placed in the recycling bin/container that are not acceptable will result in the bin/container not being emptied. Please visit the town website under “Trash & Recycling”, Plainville Curbside Collection, Recyclables Material Preparation” for information on recycling.
We apologize for any inconvenience the enforcement of the recycling rules has caused. The list of acceptable recyclables has not changed. Because of high contamination rates, recycling facilities have begun to charge to process recyclables. We are attempting to keep costs at a minimum and appreciate your understanding. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Board of Health office at 508-695-3142, ext 16
What can be recycled curbside, Click here for a list
What do the recycling symbols mean? Click here. NOTE: not everything with a symbol is recyclable curbside
Recycling is in trouble, are you part of the problem, Click here for information
Massachusetts State Waste Bans - you can not legally dispose of as trash these items. Click here
On-line Bill Pay - To pay your bills online, click here
Recycling Center Schedule
- Monday & Saturday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Monday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Saturday - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
New Rear Load Split Body Truck
- Trash & Recycling will be collected at the same time
- Trash goes in the right, Recycling goes in the left
- Residents are reminded material must be curbside by 7:00 am
Compost Bins Available
- limited supplies - visit the Board of Health office to purchase
- Compost Bins $30.00
- Click here for additional info on Compost Bins
Residents are reminded a current Recycling Center Pass is required for access
New Clothing & Textile Recycling Bin Located at the Recycling Center
- Click here for additinal information
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Next collection May 6, 2017 - 9:00am - 12:00pm noon
Trash & Recycling Weather delay information
- Weather delay information will be posted here and on Plainville Cable channel 11
- Visit the Town home page website to sign up for news & announcements.
- There is no collection on Mondays, therefore Monday storms usually do not result in a delay for the week.
- If the weather is very snowy, please do not put out your trash & recycling so that it get either buried by the plows or covered with falling snow.
- Please try and place your trash & recycling in a spot that the drivers can reach without climbing high snow banks.
- The trash & recycling drivers will do their best to make sure the routes are collected on time, however safety is a priority for the drivers and others on the road.
NOTE: the recycling center is closed the month of February