Our summer program runs from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at the Plainville Town Park. The program is open to children (boys & girls) who will be entering Grade 1 through Grade 6 in September 2017. Daily activities include: Sports, Swimming, Arts & Crafts, Lego’s, Field Day games, board games, table games, cook-outs and movies at the library! Each week will also include a field trip (bowling, roller skating, trip to the zoo, etc.)
Don’t like packing Lunches!!! We also offer a cookout or pizza lunch on weeks that lunch is not included on the field trips.
The registration fee for a one-week session is $155.00. Weekly Field Trips and Special Events are included in the registration fee.
Family discount!!!!! 10% off for Families signing up multiple children or one child for multiple weeks (Third child in a family is free!!!)
*NEW* a child signed up for 2 weeks of the Summer Recreation Program will be available to take swim lessons during each day for both weeks at a 50% discount cost of the regular swim lessons!!
Single day or multiple days per week are available:
Daily signups will be taken after June 1st if space allows at a fee of $40/day. Half days are also available at a fee of $20/day.
Extended hours are available for an additional fee. The cost will be $5/per child for every 30 minutes after pick-up time of 4pm. ~The latest we would be available to offer the extended care coverage would be until 6pm.
2017 prices will be honored for anyone signing up by June 1st. Signups and deposits received after June 1st will have increased rates!!!!
2017 Summer Session Dates:
The summer recreation program will begin the week of June 26th and run for eight (8) weekly sessions. The program will end on Friday, August 18th. On rainy days, the program will be held at the Wood School. Space is limited, and filled on a first come basis! Sign up early!!!!!!!
- Week One: June 26th – June 30th ($155) (Field Trip - United Skates of America).
- Week Two: July 3rd – July 7th ($155) (Field Trip - Pinz (Bowling). Program is currently FULL for this week!
- Week Three: July 10th – July 14th ($155) (Field Trip - Patriots Hall of Fame & Cranberry Bog Trail). Program is currently FULL for this week!
- Week Four: July 17th – July 21st ($155) (Field Trip - TreeTop Adventures (4-6th grade) & Field Trip - Blue Hills Trailside Museum (1st - 3rd grade) program is currently FULL for this week!.
- Week Five: July 24th - July 28th ($155) (Field Trip - Southwick's Zoo). Program is currently FULL for this week!
- Week Six: July 31st – Aug 4th ($155) (Field Trip - Launch Trampoline Park). Program is currently FULL for this week!
- Week Seven: August 7th – Aug 11th ($155) (Field Trip - Pinz (Bowling). Program is currently FULL for this week!
- Week Eight: August 14th – Aug 18th ($155) (Field Trip - Jump Trax). Program is currently FULL for this week!
2017 RATES (sign up before June 1st)
2017 RATES (after June 1st)
Sign-up Dates are now OPEN
After June 1st will have new rates
Summer recreation signups may be done online (Go to plainville.ma.us, click on Department Services, click on Parks Dept. and click the Sign up tab for Summer Recreation Program) or call 508 695-5451 for a time to sign up in person.
A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 per week/per child is due at registration.
**The balance for weeks 1-4 is due by 07/01. The balance for weeks 5-8 is due by 07/25. **
Payment can be made at the Park Dept. office, dropped in the lock box in front of town hall or can be mailed to: Plainville Park Department, P.O. Box 1717, Plainville, MA 02762 or you can add Plainville Park Department as a payee to your bank account and pay online.
Counselor in Training (CIT) program
Are you interested in working with children? Would you like to get experience? Anyone interested may fill out an application at the park department office May 8th to May 31st.This program is for boys and girls entering 7th through 10th grade in September 2017. Candidates need to fill out an application, and are interviewed. Selections are made based on individual qualifications, as well as the needs of our program. We cannot guarantee every week that is requested based on our schedule needs. Cost per week for the CIT program is $50 per child.
*NEW* a child signed up for 2 weeks of the summer recreation program will be available to take swim lessons during the day for both weeks at a 50% discount cost of the regular swim lessons price!!