Plainville Park Department - Frequently Asked Questions
New in town? Never done a program with us? Looking for more information on a specific program? Can’t find where to register? Check in here to find out everything you need to know when navigating our site.
Where can I find more information about the programs you offer?
All information for our programs can be found on the programs and links tab from our department main page. This tab will bring you to a list of all the programs we offer throughout the year. Click on any program to find out more information such as dates, ages, cost, general program description and more! Please note if this program is currently active or not as some programs will have information from the previous year, season, or session. Our current programs are also publicized using flyers at Town Hall, in the Plainville Public Elementary schools, etc., posted on our sign on South Street, and shared through our social media sites including Facebook and Instagram. Follow us on social media to keep up with current offerings!
Click HERE to visit the programs and links page!
Are your programs open to non-residents?
Yes, all of our programs are open to non-residents at no additional fee.
How do I register myself and/or my child for a program?
Registration can be done online or in person. Upon completion of registration you will receive an e-mail confirming that we received the registration. Please be patient as we normally do not reply on weekends or evenings but we will typically send confirmation within 24-48 hours.
1. Online registration can be done through the sign-up tab from our department main page. This will bring you to a registration form that needs to be filled out completely for you and/or your child. Don’t Forget to hit SUBMIT after you have completed all information. Please note that at times there may be required questions that do not pertain to you or the program you are signing up for. For example, an adult registering for Pickleball will not need to include grade, bus, or teacher’s name. If the question does not apply simply write N/A.
2. Additionally, you may sign up in person at the Park Department office. We will have paper registration forms available for those who prefer to sign-up in person.
Click HERE to sign up for a program!
How do I pay the fee for the program?
All payments should be received by the first day of the program. Failure to pay for program(s) without communication to Park Department will result in ineligibility for future program registration until balance is paid in full! Please see payment options below…
1. Drop off cash or a check at the Recreation Office (tan building behind town hall between the pool and playground) during operating hours which vary day to day. Call ahead to see if someone will be in the office.
2. Mail in a check to 142 South St. Plainville, MA 02762 OR P.O. Box #1717 Plainville, MA 02760
3. Drop a check off in our mailbox in Town Hall Selectman’s office OR in the black drop box outside Town Hall after operating hours
4. Pay online through city-hall systems (available for MOST programs!)
- Visit this link… https://epay.cityhallsystems.com/
- Select “Plainville” under Municipality Tab
- Click here to VIEW or PAY bills
- Select Bill Type “Park & Rec” on the left hand side of the page
- Choose the program you wish to sign up for and complete the required information
All checks must be made out to the Plainville Park Department. If paying for multiple programs on one single check please indicate the breakdown on the memo line or on separate note. Confirmation e-mails will be sent for ALL payments once we received them. Please be patient!
Does your department offer scholarships or financial assistance?
Please contact the Park department with any financial concerns. Payment plans and assistance may be provided for those who communicate specific needs. No child will ever be denied participation due to financial constraints.
What is your refund policy?
Refunds are given on a case by case situation. If you have to pull you and/or your child from a program before the start we will keep a record of the amount your family has in a credit balance. This credit can be used towards a future program with the Plainville Park Department. Refunds in the original form are up to Director discretion.
How can I contact the Park Department?
Phone: (508) 695-5451
What are your operating/office hours?
Our office hours vary from day to day and time of year. Due to the small size of our Department (1 full time director and 1 part time assistant) we are often in and out of the office running various programs and maintaining recreation spaces. If you need to meet with the park staff in person please call or e-mail ahead of time to set up and appointment.
Does your department offer space to rent?
Yes! Our department offers several spaces for rent including our ballfields and soccer fields, the pavilion, gazebo, tennis and basketball courts and more.
How do I request/reserve space?
Facility request forms can be found on our website or you can stop by our office to fill one out. All spaces are first come first serve and MUST be approved by the Recreation Director and Commissioners. We ask that requests are given at least 2 weeks in advance.